Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


It's been almost 7yrs since my mother passed away.  That was 3 years after my grandmother and 4 years before my sister died.  These 3 angels were so important to me and directly affected who I became as a mother, wife, sister, friend and co-worker.  This Mother's Day I decided to not be sad.  I would still miss them terribly, as I do every day, but I was going to enjoy spending some quality time with my husband and kids and celebrate the living.

I bought a bouquet of the favorite flower of each one of them, my Mom (Estela) - Easter Lilies, my grandmother (Mama Chayo) - Sunflowers and my sister (Mary) - Lavender/purple flowers ;)


I miss them so much and nothing can ever replace them but I am grateful to have such a wonderful husband that made sure I had a day full of laughter and joy.  The picture I posted has the three flowers and in the background you can see my mom's portrait as an 18yr old beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment