Sunday, July 15, 2012

I married a Rockstar *

We had a great weekend and spent lots of quality time as a family and then as a couple.  I had an awesome 2 hour workout Saturday morning and burned 1250 calories.  The first hour was Zumba Toning and the second was Zumba.  My weekend always ends up productive when have a great workout.

I was also still on a high from going to the Barry Manilow concert on Thursday.  I went into the office for training and ended up being invited to the concert.  It was completely unexpected and totally meant so much to me.  I have a forever memory of taking my sister to her last concert, Barry Manilow, prior to her getting sick and passing away.

This weekend we did lots of purging, shredding, and I caught up on all my couponing.  While I was clipping away my husband was playing his new guitar.  I felt at peace and so content hearing him play.  I think back of when we were dating the first time around, approximately 25 years ago, and think of how I used to love it when he played the guitar while we were on the phone.  We would spend hours on the phone and he would play snippets of songs asking me to guess.  I lost at this game each and every time.  I was so impressed with his talent and his love for all kinds of music, I was entranced. 

Fast forward 10 years - Joe and I had a 10 year hiatus in our relationship we just grew up and grew apart.  I had my son and he had his daughter we ended up our own version of the Brady Bunch :)  One spring day Joe held the door open for me as I walked into a Dunkin Donuts and as they say, the rest is history.  For those of you who believe in fate, that morning was the only time I ever stopped there for coffee.  My sister and I never had DD for breakfast, our routine involved getting our coffee at a McDonalds located on the way to the expressway.  That particular morning my sister woke up with a craving for a cornbread muffin and that was the reason why we skipped McDonalds and went out of our way and changed our routine.  

Upon reconnecting, I was saddened to hear in those years apart he had stopped playing the guitar.  I encouraged Joe to start to play again.  I promised him that together we would replace his lost Les Paul.  The rest is history :)  12.5 years ago he wrote a song for me titled 'Anna will you marry me.  To this day he plays 'My song' it has evolved into a beautiful song.  Music is a very important part of our lives as a family.  

Joe told me I brought the music back into his life when we walked into each other's lives again.  This is why Joe has always been and will always be MY rockstar.



1 comment:

  1. Awwee....I tell that "she never went in to Dunkin Donuts" story all the time!!! Fate indeed!

    ReplyDelete