Friday, May 17, 2013

Labor of Love


ABCrafts - Once upon a time my grandmother taught me to crochet, this was over 30 years ago. The most priceless thing I own is a table cloth she made for my mom. I use it for special occasions and it warms my heart when I think of the countless hours it took to complete. I can almost feel her warm hands on it :)

With 3 babies due in our family I decided to go back to the roots my seamstress grandmother taught me. For those of you who do not know she was a part of Chicago history, learning her craft & skills at Jane Addams Hull-House.

I plan an teaching my daughter how to crochet and have a year long special project we will work on together. I do so knowing her life might get complicated for a couple of decades just like mine did. I have faith she will also go back to her roots at some point in her life. ABCrafts is a combination of our names. We need to keep Mama Chayo's legacy alive!

I am finally ready to post the pictures of my labor of love now that we have welcomed 3 healthy beautiful babies into our family.

This is how I keep myself busy when Joe is out of town :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment